Hong Kong – Zhongshan via Guangzhou by High Speed Trains
Currently, there are no direct high speed trains linking Hong Kong and Zhongshan and passengers have to make a transfer in Guangzhou South Station (HK West Kowloon – Guangzhou South – Zhongshan). But before making your rail trip, passengers should figure out that Zhongshan City has several train stations for service to or from Guangzhou. Zhongshan North Station, Zhongshan Train Station and Xiaolan Train Station have the most trains to or from Guangzhou South, while Nantou Station and Nanlang Station have less connections. You’d better know which train station to take your train.
- Step 1: Hong Kong – Guangzhou by high speed train (Seen Hong Kong to Guangzhou train)
- Step 2: Guangzhou South – Zhongshan by intercity train
- Rail Routes: Guangzhou-Shenzhen-HK Express Rail Link & Guangzhou-Zhuhai Intercity Railway
- Station used in HK: HK West Kowloon Station
- Station used in Zhongshan : Zhongshan North, Zhongshan Station, Xiaolan, Nantou, Nanlang
- Station used in Guangzhou: Guangzhou South
Step 1: Hong Kong West Kowloon – Guangzhou South by High Speed Train
There are frequently high speed train service linking HK West Kowloon Station and Guangzhou South in just 50-60 minutes. For more details, see page Hong Kong to Guangzhou train. If you want to depart from Hong Kong International Airport to Zhongshan, you can take Airport Express to HK West Kowloon Station first, where to take a train to Guangzhou South, then connect to a train to Zhongshan. See from Hong Kong Airport to West Kowloon Station.
Hong Kong – Zhognshan, Xiaolan, Guzhen Rail Route Map
Step 2: Guangzhou South – Zhongshan by High Speed Train
|Hong Kong – Huizhou by Bullet Train|
|Trains||From – To||Frequency||Duration||Ticket Fares (CNY)|
|1st Cls||2nd Cls||Biz Cls|
|C, D trains||Guangzhou South – Zhongshan North||29||30-35m||–||32||–|
|C, D trains||Guangzhou South – Xiaolan||39||20-30m||–||25||–|
|D, G trains||Guangzhou South – Zhongshan Station||13||30m||40||32||100|
|C trains||Guangzhou South – Nantou||8||15-25m||–||16||–|
|C trains||Guangzhou South – Nanlang||1||30m||–||50||–|
|C,D trains||Guangzhou South – Guzhen||90||25-30M||–||24||–|
For a live schedule & ticket availability, please refer tohttp://www.chinahighlights.com/china-trains/
How to Take a Train from HK West Kowloon
Photos courtesy of Keith Wong, a Singaporean working in HK & ChinaTrain12306 visitor.
Which Train Station
Hong Kong West Kowloon
- Station name:HK West Kowloon(香港西九龙)
- Location: Jordan, HK (Google Map)
- Getting there: by Hong Kong MTR on Kowloon MTR stop or Austin MTR stop (MTR Planner)
- Station name:Guangzhou South (Guangzhounan, 广州南站)
- Location:Shibi, Panyu District (Google Map)
- Getting there: metro line 2, line 7
- Station name:Zhongshan North (Zhongshanbei, 中山北站)
- Location: Shiqi District (Google Map)
- Getting there: Bus 4, 13, 15, 16, 19, 21, 30, 38, 205, K2, K9, etc
- Station name:Zhongshan Station (Zhongshan, 中山站)
- Location: Simen Village, Huoju Hi-tech Industrial Zone (Google Map)
- Getting there: Bus 2, 5, 18, 61, 68, 90, B11, B12
- Station name: Xiaolan Station (Xiaolan, 小榄站)
- Location: Xiaolan Town (Google Map)
- Getting there:
- Station name: Guzhen Station (Guzhen, 古镇站)
- Location: Guzhen Town (Google Map)
- Getting there
How to Buy Tickets
When to Buy Tickets
If you buy tickets at train stations, the tickets go on sale 28 days before travel date. If you book tickets online, the tickets start to sell 30 days in advance.
Where to Buy Tickets
Book at Train Stations
In Hong Kong: You can buy tickets with your passports at ticket counters in HK West Kowloon, which accept both HK dollars and Chinese RMB. Don’t use any self-service ticket machines there as they don’t accept any passports. Remember that if you travel beyond Hong Kong (eg: Shenzhen to Huizhou or Huizhou to Shenzhen train), you’ll have to buy these mainland domestic tickets at 7 designated ticket counters in HK West Kowloon Station.
In Zhongshan : You can buy tickets with passports at any train stations in Zhongshan, such as Zhongshan North Station, Zhongshan Station, Xiaolan Station, etc.
In Guangzhou: You can also buy tickets at ticket counters in Guangzhou South, or others like Guangzhou East, etc.
Buy online with a trusted ticket agent
If you are outside China, and want to buy tickets in advance online, you can turn to use an online ticke agent. Below are two trusted ticket agents who get positive reviews and recommended often on Trip Advisor:
- Buy atwww.chinahiglights.com/china-trains/(Sharon offers help)
- Buy athttp://www.china-diy-travel.com/en/(Promo code: ct123. Helen offers help)
- Service time: 24/7 hoursPayments: Paypayl, Visa, MasterCard, Alipay, etc
Buy Online at Hong Kong MTR Website
Hong Kong MTR Group has launched its online ticketing system both in Chinese and English version, where you can check train schedule, ticket fares and book tickets with your passport.After buying tickets online, you will have to collect them at West Kowloon Station.
Depart from Shenzhen
Shenzhen North has only 2 daily high speed trains to Zhongshan. The best way is to make a transfer at Guangzhou South (Shenzhen North – Guangzhou South – Zhongshan), which provides you more train options. You can also travel from Shenzhen to Xiaolan, Guzhen, Nanlang, Nantou by train with a transfer at Guangzhou South.
More Train Routes
Hong Kong to Guangzhou, Hong Kong to Shantou, Hong Kong to Xiamen, Hong Kong to Huizhou, Hong Kong to Futian
Trusted Online Ticket Agents:
Option 1: China Highlights is a reliable online agency for China train ticketing. They get positive reviews on TripAdvisor & Trustpilot. Sharon and her team help you buy tickets & plan rail routes even deliver tickets to your hotels with a service fee from $6.
Option 2: China DIY Travel is also a trusted online ticketing agent & get recommended for their excellent service on TripAdvisor. Helen & her Australian husband, team are always helpful buying tickets for foreigners. ChinaTrain12306 users can use PROMO CODE “ct123” to reduce booking fees.