Beijing Rail Travel Guide
- Station name:Beijing West Railway Station (BeijingXi, 北京西站)
- Transport: by subway line 7 and line 9
- Destinations from Beijing West:Baoding East, Shijiazhuang, Zhengzhou East, Wuhan, Changsha South, Guangzhou South, Shenzhen North, Shenzhen Futian, Hong Kong West Kowloon, Hong Kong Hung Hom, Luoyang Longmen, Huashan North, Xi’an North, Hanzhong, Guangyuan, Mianyang, Chengdu East, Taiyuan South, Pingyao Gucheng, Datong, etc.
- Station name:Beijing South Railway Station (BeijingNan, 北京南站)
- Transport: by subway line 4 and line 14
- Destinations from Beijing South: Tangshan, Qinhuangdao, Jinzhou, Shenyang, Changchun, Harbin, Dalian, Tianjin, Tianjin West, Tianjin South, Jinan West, Tai’an, Zaozhuang, Bengbu South, Xuzhou East, Suzhou East, Nanjing South, Wuxi East, Suzhou North, Shanghai Hongqiao, Hangzhou East, Shaoxing North, Ningbo, Hefei South, Huangshan North, Wuyuan, Wuyishan, Fuzhou, Putian, Quanzhou,Xiamen etc.
- Station name:Beijing Railway Station (Beijing, 北京站)
- Transport: by subway line 2
- Destinations from Beijing: Qinhuangdao, Jinzhou, Shenyang, Changchun, Harbin, Dalian, Jinlin, Qiqihar,
Beijing West and Beijing South and Beijing Railway Station are the major train stations operating high speed trains (including G-category high speed trains and D category high speed trains), while Beijing East only operates normal trains and Beijing North is closed for renovation, which is scheduled to operate high speed trains when reopen. Below are major train schedule for high speed trains from Beijing:
|Check more for live schedule, just refer to http://www.chinahighlights.com/china-trains/|
|From Beijing to||Price (CNY)||Duration||Frequency (Daily)||Train Type|
|Shanghai Hongqiao||553||4h28-6h20||41||G, D train|
|Hong Kong West Kowloon||1077||8h58||1||G train|
|Tianjin||54.5||35m||159||G, C train|
|Shenyang||296||4h-5h20||27||G, D train|
|Changchun||438.5||5h-6h40||12||G, D train|
|Dalian||400||4h38-6h||7||G, D train|
|Shanhaiguan||182.5||2h30-3h||15||G, D train|
|Jinan||194.5||1h30-2h25||92||G, D train|
|Pingyao Gucheng||183||4h||2||G, D train|
1. Buy at train station
You can buy tickets and collect tickets in person with passenger’s passports at any train stations in Beijing, including Beijing Railway Station, Beijing West Station, Beijing South Station, etc. Beijing Railway Station, which is centrally-located with easy access, is often the station to go. You can buy tickets about 30 days ahead of departure date.
2. Buy tickets online
Foreigners cannot buy tickets on the official China Railway ticketing site www.12306.cn, which requires you a Chinese bank card and the ability of reading Chinese. You can turn to use a trusted ticket agent, who can buy tickets for you when tickets are released and even deliver tickets to your hotel. Besides, they offer you additional help, guiding you how to collect tickets, how to get to the station, etc. Below are two trusted agents who got positive reviews on Trip Advisor or Trust Pilot:
- Buy at www.chinahiglights.com/china-trains/ (Sharon offers help)
- Buy at http://www.china-diy-travel.com/en/ (Promo code: ct123. Helen offers help)
- Service time: 24/7 hours Payments: Paypayl, Visa, MasterCard, Alipay, et
Beijing West Station – Capital Airport (PEK)
By airport shuttle bus line 7: You can take airport shuttle bus line 7 to travel between Beijing West Station South Square and Beijing Capital Airport (Terminal 1, 2, 3) in 62 minutes, costing around CNY30.
- Running time: 05:00-24:00
- Duration: 62 minutes
Beijing South Station – Capital Airport (PEK)
By airport shuttle bus line 2: Airport shuttle bus line 2 links Beijing South Train Station and Beijing Capital Airport (Terminal 2, 1, 3) in 70 minutes.
- Running time: 05:00 – 21:00, Half-hourly
- Duration: 70 minutes
More Train Travel from Beijing to:
Trusted Online Ticket Agents:
Option 1: China Highlights is a reliable online agency for China train ticketing. They get positive reviews on TripAdvisor & Trustpilot. Sharon and her team help you buy tickets & plan rail routes even deliver tickets to your hotels with a service fee from $6.
Option 2: China DIY Travel is also a trusted online ticketing agent & get recommended for their excellent service on TripAdvisor. Helen & her Australian husband, team are always helpful buying tickets for foreigners. ChinaTrain12306 users can use PROMO CODE “ct123” to reduce booking fees.